The Arts Centre Gold Coast is the dynamic heart for visual and performing arts on the Gold Coast and we are often on the look out for new members to join our close-knit team.
The Arts Centre Gold Coast is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
As a café supervisor you will assist the Café & Bar Manager with the day-to-day running of our busy café.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The perfect candidate for this role will have previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a café or restaurant. You will be efficient, friendly and love being around people. You will also make fantastic coffees, and be a role model for the rest of our café staff through your excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar position (as a Supervisor)
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
- Current QLD RSA (and a thorough understanding of this legislation)
- Current Food Safety Certification (highly regarded)
- Barista Training (highly regarded)
- Competent in all aspects of Food & Beverage service, skills, and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send through an updated CV, along with a cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the above selection criteria. Please note that applications that do not address the selection criteria, will not be considered. Please send through your completed applications to: email@example.com
This position is for an immediate start – so please send through your applications today!
If you would like to visit our café and meet our Café & Bar Manager – Mel – you are more than welcome to pop in to say hello – but please remember to also apply through Seek if you wish to be considered for this position.
We are currently looking for more casual Food & Beverage Attendants to provide exceptional customer service within our Café and within our Functions & Events department.
- Meeting/exceeding patrons and client’s expectation of food and beverage service and the set up, delivery and pack down of events/functions.
- Ensure that all day-to-day requirements, in the successful running of The Arts Café are met, on a timely basis
- Provide the highest quality service to our customers
- Set up and pack down of events/functions.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding product availability, additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items etc.
- Ensure security of cash and beverage stock on the premises and reconcile takings and stock as required.
- Prepare the opening & closing of the Arts Café
- Stock control and rotation
- Adherence to all Workplace Health & Safety requirements
- Any other duties as required by the Operations Supervisor / F&B Supervisor.
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate skills in:
- Prior food and beverage experience;
- Food and beverage knowledge and a la carte experience an advantage;
- Superior customer service;
- Current QLD RSA certification
- Barista skills highly regarded
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure;
- Impeccable personal presentation;
- Team player;
- Ability to work shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Food Handling Certification would be highly regarded
- Own reliable transport and current driver’s license essential.
- Physical ability to be able to assist with setting up and packing down of events (including the ability to lift / lower, bend, kneel, push, pull)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification is mandatory
Note; Copies of the above listed Qualifications / Licences / Certificates, where held by the candidate, are required as evidence on appointment.
The Arts Centre Gold Coast is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Please send your application through to: firstname.lastname@example.org – this role is for an immediate start, so please apply today!
There are currently no positions available, however please check back again soon.
There are currently no positions available, however please check back soon.