Over the last year The Arts Centre Gold Coast has rolled out the red carpet to over 710,000 visitors, film lovers, artists, audience members, school groups, international performers, conference delegates and community members. All have played a vital part in making sure that the Gold Coast’s cultural heart is alive and well.
In 2014/15 The Arts Centre Gold Coast:
- Set an new annual attendance record of 710,000 visitors, representing an annual growth of 59%;
- Delivered its most ambitious performing arts program featuring the best local, state, national and international arts companies;
- Produced the critically acclaimed and commercially successful musical “Miss Saigon”;
- Had 20,000 school children from 34 local schools participate in the education program and provided 2,000 professional development hours to local teachers;
- Became the home of the City’s leading festivals including Bleach*, Gold Coast Film Festival and Glow;
- Received a 96% audience satisfaction rating and a 96% staff satisfaction rating;
- Had 768,000 online visitors and sold 60,000 tickets online;
- Served 92,500 cups of coffee, 81,000 glasses of wine and 10,000 buckets of popcorn;
- Was awarded “Best Regional Cinema in Australia” by the Australian Independent Distributors Association;
- Was awarded the “Museums Australia Multimedia Art and Design Award for Exhibition Branding” for Fibro Coast; and
- Grew the City’s art collection to more than $24 million.