The Arts Centre Gold Coast is the dynamic heart for visual and performing arts on the Gold Coast and we are often on the look out for new members to join our close-knit team.
The Arts Centre Gold Coast is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Senior Technician – Lighting
• Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the technical services team within the Technical Services Department.
• Assist the Technical Supervisor with the development of procedures as they relate to the Technical Services Department.
• Prepare detailed recommendations for the Technical Supervisor with regards to immediate and long-term equipment upgrades
• Ensure effective day to day operations of the Lighting Department
• Build, maintain and support key operational procedures and standards as they relate to the Lighting Department
• Operation of Lighting equipment.
• Provide leadership and supervision across all sections of the Technical Services Department ensuring safety and work standards are maintained.
• Assist the Technical Supervisor with coordination of the operation and be responsible to undertake the operation of Lighting requirements for all venues within TACGC including back of house and public areas.
• Scheduling of regular maintenance checks across all venues within TACGC
• Regular technical maintenance across all venues within TACGC
• Use of venue management software
• Programing of air conditioning system
• Rostering of Technical Services staff
• Meeting Sets
• Administration tasks at assigned by the Technical Services Supervisor
• Train staff in operational procedures and in the use of specialized Lighting equipment
• Provide thorough and relevant inductions to casual technicians, contract crew, interns and work experience students
• Maintain and review operating procedures for all TACGC Lighting systems.
• Assist Technical Supervisor and participate in the overall planning of Lighting requirements for all functions, performances and events.
• Monitor the quality and condition of Lighting equipment being used in all TACGC venues and assist the Technical Supervisor and the Programming Department Producer with the development and implementation of the technical asset renewal program and maintenance programs
• Develop good working relationships and networks with suppliers, clients and other venues.
• Liaise and assist touring Lighting operators and staff.
• Maintain Lighting consumable stock.
• Employ both creative and technical Lighting skills in collaboration with the client and the Technical Supervisor in the process of creating a production.
• Assist to establish, maintain and review operating procedures for all TACGC Lighting systems.
• Assist and participate in the overall planning of Lighting requirements for all functions, performances and events.
• Assist other technical areas as required.
This position requires the incumbent to perform a diverse range of technical, operational and event management functions. The incumbent will be able to demonstrate experience in:
• Excellent understanding of Lighting systems, knowledge of ‘best practice’ strategies and trends in Lighting operation.
• Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety and EEO Issues, Duties 7 Responsibilities as applicable to this position.
• Strong ‘hands on’ supervision and leadership skills in addition to mentoring, scheduling, rostering, general administration, venue management software and experience in training and managing others.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking for people who can demonstrate attention to detail – so please carefully read the requirements below before applying:
To submit an application you must include all of the following:
• A cover letter
• An up to date résumé
• Responses to the Selection Criteria as listed above (either within your cover letter or separately)
Please email your completed applications through to: email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications must be received by the close of business on Friday 11 November 2016.
There are currently no positions available however please check back soon.
We are always looking for new volunteers to assist on our gallery desk and theatre meet and greet.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator Janine for any questions you may have firstname.lastname@example.org